Thursday, September 12, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Church - Heyday

The Church - Heyday



#487/1120
November 1985
The Church
Heyday
Genre: Psychedelic Pop
4.25 out of 5




Highlights:
Myrrh
Disenchanted



I think The Church finally got it right. Did they tour with The Moody Blues? They should have. So, here’s my question about this era:
This music is so obviously steeped in Summer of Love tropes…is it retro? Is it current for the time? What was going on here? I mean, 1967 was only 18 years removed and, at first I think of time spans like that as eons and then I think, shit, 9/11 was like yesterday, right? And that was 18 years ago. 
I can’t tell if the Church is continuing a legacy, embracing nostalgia, moving the genre forward or what?
I do know that they’re really good at it, thought. At least, here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBJ7ztNazTVB-rtT46f-OqORe-Takttki

No comments: