Thursday, September 12, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Dokken - Under Lock and Key

Dokken - Under Lock and Key


#466/1099
November 22 1985
Dokken
Under Lock and Key
Genre: Glam Metal
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Lightning Strikes Again
It’s Not Love

Maybe it’s just that I don’t like this genre. But that’s not true because, when it’s great I adore it. In fact, it might be one of my favorites. So, it’s strange to me that, after this many years hearing that this was Dokken’s breakthrough I find myself wondering what any of the fuss is. It’s not bad, it’s not unlistenable. 
They take a long time to get interesting. I didn’t key in until the end of Side One but it’s sporadicly interesting, at best. 

But is it really any good? Maybe for 1985 but I’m listening 34 years later and I’m left cold. Honestly, let’s listen to more Stryper. 


No comments: