Thursday, September 19, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - D.C. 3 - This is the Dream

D.C. 3 - This is the Dream



#494/1127
1985 Housekeeping
D.C. 3
This is the Dream
Genre: Alternative
5 out of 5 (Don’t @ me. There wasn’t a bad track here. 


Highlights:
We Feel the Sky
I Believe It/Apparent Doom
This is the Dream
Dance of the Imbeciles
I Hope Tomorrow’s a Better Day



If you told me, after listening to a bunch of garbage Black Flag records that I would find anything by any member of that band compelling I would laugh. 
And then you would tell me to listen to this album and I would ask you, “Um…you? Is this Black Sabbath?”
And you would laugh and walk away and I would just keep listening. 
That first track is better than anything Greg Ginn put out during that whole Black Flag oeuvre.
This thing is so delicious that I want to own it on cassette and listen to it on a cross country drive with X’s Wild Gift on the flip side. 
“Dance of the Imbeciles” is better than anything Frank Zappa has been trying to do for a decade (and, yes, it’s the xylophone that called that to mind).
An incredibly accomplished thing that was a total surprise. 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjpGq0EWqo

No comments: