Thursday, September 12, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Flesh for Lulu - Big Fun City

Flesh for Lulu - Big Fun City


#475/1108 LISTENING POST ADMIN DISCOVERY
November 1985
Flesh for Lulu
Big Fun City
4.75 out of 5
 Genre: Alternative

Highlights:
Baby Hurricane
Let Go
Vaguely Human
Golden Handshake Girl
In Your Smile




What happens when you take a slightly better singer, much better musicians, and commercial production with an ear for what works and for it to sound like Velvet Underground? You get “Baby Hurricane” by Flesh for Lulu.
I know this is gonna sound super weird, but I have never heard Flesh for Lulu.
One would think I would have, right?
Sigh. 
I wish I had tried this out. I am actually gobsmacked at how much I like this and how much I would have liked it back then as well.


No comments: