Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Tuxedomoon - Holy Wars

Tuxedomoon - Holy Wars


#328/963
September 1 1985
Tuxedomoon
Holy Wars
Genre: New Wave
2.5 out of 5

Highlights:
In a Manner of Speaking

I used to get Tuxedomoon confused with The Teardrop Explodes and The Psychedelic Furs. That was because all of them were advertised in the back pages of Trouser Press and I never heard any of them I just loved the fuck out of their names. (The only other 80s band name I like better is “The Very Idea of Fucking Hitler, a punk band from Arizona that played in New Jersey once and whose name appeared in an ad in the paper. I never saw them, either. Or heard them.)
Tuxedomoon is impossible for me to peg but for some reason I keep coming back to Elbow, another band whose music is supernaturally interesting and nearly impossible to pigeonhole. (+ the most difficult Bowie)
If The Legendary Pink Dots were force fed smoky swinging jazz maybe that gets near this. 


No comments: