Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Piledriver - Metal Inquisition

Piledriver - Metal Inquisition


#318/953
1985 Housekeeping
Piledriver
Metal Inquisition
Genre: Satanic Thrash
4 out of 5

Highlights:
Witch Hunt
Alien Rape

In contrast to The Mentors, this actually cracks me up. They can’t be serious, can they? “Sex with Satan”? If it’s a joke, 4+ stars. If they are serious, 2.5 stars. 
Since the Wiki entry says “However, some years later, Kirchin revealed that the band and albums were just a studio project and that the band never really existed at all, with all the names and virtually everything else about the band being made up.” I’m going with the former. 
Hilarious. “Sex with Satan”, “Sodomize the Dead”, “Alien Rape”…there’s a theme here. I wish I could figure out what it is…

Canadians…you guys crack me up. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sid1Pxs_LYw

No comments: