Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Meteors - Monkey's Breath

The Meteors - Monkey's Breath


#312/947
1985 Housekeeping
The Meteors
Monkey’s Breath
Genre: Psychobilly
3.25 out of 5



Psychobilly really needs to be psychotic for me to get interested. Either it’s out of control lunacy ala Reverend Horton Heat or maniacally dangerous like Nasvhille Pussy or hilariously kooky like Mojo Nixon, or groundbreaking like X. 
The Meteors are none of that. In fact, they are worse: they are predictable. I could anticipate every move, every lick, prior to their appearance. All this makes me want to do is go put a Cramps record back on. The Scientists, also from down under, would be the headliner on a double bill with The Meteors.
As much as I was surprised by Stampede! I’m left snoring by Monkey’s Breath. 


No comments: