Friday, July 12, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Honeymoon Killers - Love American Style

The Honeymoon Killers - Love American Style

#292/927
1985 Housekeeping
The Honeymoon Killers
Love American Style
Genre: Noise Rock
2.75 out of 5



Everytime I think of The Honeymoon Killers I get them confused with Honeymoon Suite and I am always disappointed to be subject to the wails and screams and sirens and pounding rhythms. 
I mean, I kind of wanna like it, but it never gets anywhere. They are like a long drive on a dark night on an unlit highway that ends up at a 7-11. You want it to be a David Lynch movie. But it’s not. 
There is a cover of the Batman theme and, man, I’m just so tired of this band that I forgot what I was writing about…dammit…oh, yeah…others have done this song much much better. Listen to them. The Honeymoon Killers are annoying. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5qh7dwykuA

No comments: