Saturday, July 6, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Laura Branigan - Hold Me

Laura Branigan - Hold Me

#289/923
July 15 1985
Laura Branigan
Hold Me
Genre: Pop
2.25 out of 5


There are only so many ways that I can liken pop chanteuses to American Idol but I think it really is appropriate with Laura. She’s a vocalist who picked some good songs and had the backing of a label and offers very little to move the medium forward in any way. The title track with it’s dominating saxophone could be a Quarterflash song. Because that’s how you wanna model your career: after a band that had one hit, half a decade earlier. 
The songs are dull, the presentation equally so. 
I couldn’t wait for this to be over. 
Oh, man. “When I’m With You” bites so hard on “One Night in Bangkok” it made me sick. 
The rest of it is so pedestrian 80s pop that it’s completely disposable. 
Skip it. 


https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBJ7ztNazTVCbSaoK1omod3Hg22wtB-oq

No comments: