Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Falco - Falco 3

Falco - Falco 3


#336/972 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
September 11 1985
Falco
Falco 3
Genre: New Wave
4.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Rock Me Amadeus
America
Tango the Night
Munich Girls
Vienna Calling

“Eat me, I’m a danish! Eat me, I’m a danish! I’m a danish!”
My girlfriend used to sing this as we’d walk down Greenwhich, her teaching me to flick cigarette butts and the both of us doing Rush. 
That’s Falco for me. That’s the 80s for me.

This album is great in so many ways. It’s cheeky and fun and unctuous and smarmy. “Munich Girls” is the best Cars song the Cars never did. 

Side One is a beast of great songs. 
And it just keeps rolling. It’s big and in your face but never obnoxious. 
Side Two is more eclectic and just as electric. 
What an excellent record. 


No comments: