Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Randy Hansen - Randy Hansen

 



1980 Housekeeping LISTENING POST DISCOVERY

Randy Hansen

Randy Hansen

Genre: Guitar Hero

4.25 out of 5




Highlights:

Champagne and Cocaine

I Wanna Take You Higher

Millionaire



How have I never heard of this guy? I mean, surely there should have been a track or two on Guitar Hero or Rock Band. 


Randy’s known as the preeminent Hendrix impersonator. And, boy can he fucking play.


The songs aren’t great but, fuck me, the bass on “I Wanna Take Your Higher” is worth the price of admission. Extra 1/2 point for bringing that shit. 


I feel like I did the first time I heard Stevie Ray Vaughn. It’s about the playing. And Hansen is fantastic. I know I’m in the minority but I thought this was stellar. 






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQg8cJETI7Y

No comments: