Thursday, September 9, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Direct Hits - Collisions at Teen Junction

Direct Hits - Collisions at Teen Junction 


1980 Housekeeping

Direct Hits

Collisions at Teen Junction

Genre: No Hits

3.25 out of 5





This album is so benign that I forgot it was on.

Seriously.

I started surfing Facebook and saw that a member of this group posted an article about an actor who had come off the stage to fight a heckler and I alllllmost wrote to him…”I know that guy! He’s an acquaintance of mine!!”

And then I got bored. 

And distracted when I went down a rabbit hole to find out that friends of mine whom I hadn’t spoken to in about 9 years and who I thought had a rock solid marriage, got divorced a couple years ago and that made me…shrug, really.

Like this album.


It’s super dull. Like if R.E.M. took extra melatonin to get through that night’s sleep and decrease the rapidity of the eye movement.


The real trouble is that it comes across as poorly produced demos with no producer to push them in the right place and turn the right knobs. 

 

It’s like a jangle pop but without any real direction. They show flashes but…maybe if they had Mitch Easter…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aixdmXldR7Q&list=PLlvn8uktX5Luhh0vqF55Jv6aSaiEiDqMn

No comments: