Thursday, September 9, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Berlin Blondes - Berlin Blondes

 Berlin Blondes - Berlin Blondes


September 1980

Berlin Blondes

Berlin Blondes

Genre: Synth Wave

1.25 out of 5






Opening with “Framework” I’m reminded of Kraftwerk. But I really don’t like Kraftwerk. I mean, sure, I get it but they never really got a giddy in my hitch. However, once the vocals started I was thinking about Sparks and how much I love them. 

Is there a connection between Sparks and Kraftwerk? That seems like it could be an 18 page essay….

It veers hard into that Sparks territory on “Science” and I realize that I only want ONE set of Maels in my world. 

When it gets more ominous and touches on Kraftwerk/Numan territory it’s much more engaging. 


I think I disliked this more than any Fad Gadget. 


https://music.apple.com/us/album/berlin-blondes-expanded/1441813771

No comments: