Saturday, June 22, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Wishbone Ash - Raw to the Bone

Wishbone Ash - Raw to the Bone


#259/893
July 5 1985
Wishbone Ash
Raw to the Bone
Genre: Hard Rock
2.75 out of 5

This is the 13th album by Wishbone Ash and my first. It’s weird that they never came up during this retrospective but, I’m pretty sure in that alternate universe I have taken a sabbatical from moving forward and gone back to listen to everything I’ve missed (It’s over 275 records at this point). 
This is as middling as mid-80s stadium rock gets. It’s serviceable but also forgettable. Take Rainbow or UFO or Triumph or Scorpions or Billy Squier or ________ and listen to that instead. 
In a way this reminds me of Queen’s mid-80s offerings. “Love is Blue” sounds like something Brian May would write and the band would put if Paul Rodgers was fronting them at the time. It’s got just the right amount of lack of inspiration + competence. 
Boy is this dull.

No comments: