Friday, June 21, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Savage - Hyperactive

Savage - Hyperactive


#248/899
1985 Housekeeping
Savage
Hyperactive
Genre: Metal
2.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Gonna Tear Your Heart Out
Stevie’s Vengeance

Every song starts off with promise and then suffers under the weight of it’s own mediocrity. And that mediocrity is lead singer Chris Gent. He sounds like he’s been forced into service. And every note is making him throw up but, if he doesn’t sing it, they are going to kill his family. (I will say that, when he’s inspired, as on the high notes on “High On Your Heels” he gets there. I sure couldn’t. I tried. And my break has gotten even lower. Good for him. But it’s not enough to save this. 
And all that shredtastic noodling is sub-par Sabbath. At best.
Although those two highlighted tracks made me happy. 


No comments: