Friday, June 21, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Descendents - I Don't Want to Grow Up

Descendents - I Don't Want to Grow Up


#249/900
1985 Housekeeping
Descendents
I Don’t Want To Grow Up
Genre: Alternative Punk
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Can’t Go Back
Christmas Vacation
Good Good Things


Why weren’t Descendents on the Saturday Morning Cartoon cd? They sound like they grew up on Underdog and Banana Splurs and Go Go Gopher. 
Less snotty but no less immature than Suicidal Tendencies. But definitely more melodic at times. This is the sound of 1994, Wax, Weezer even Green Day, they all had Descendents records. 
Overall I like it a bit more than Milo Goes to College but that could just be me settling in to a comfortable sound. 
And “Good Good Things” has Foo Fighters all over it. There’s no way Dave Grohl doesn’t have this album on repeat in his life. 



No comments: