Monday, June 3, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - New Model Army - No Rest for the Wicked

New Model Army - No Rest for the Wicked


#151
May 1 1985
New Model Army
No Rest for the Wicked
Genre: Rock
4.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Frightened
Grandmother’s Footsteps
Better than Them
No Rest
Drag it Down

NMA was a bit of a discovery for me last go round. Here they kick any post-punk to the rearview and amp up the pedal to the medal post-new wave rock. 
I’m a sucker for this band, it seems. 
Did they ever tour with The Alarm because they are trafficking in the same anthemic tropes. I wish there was someone’s roommate in college who would’ve exposed me to this. But I’m glad I get to hear them now. 
Impossible to categorize, perhaps that’s why they’ve never really broken hard into the mainstream, but this is the second excellent outing in a row from Justin Sullivan and the crew and I’m so grateful to this project for helping me discover them. 


No comments: