Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Scientists - You Get What You Deserve!

The Scientists - You Get What You Deserve!


#279/913
July 1985
The Scientists
You Get What You Deserve!
Genre: Psycho-Rock
3.5 out of 5

Highlights:
Hell Bound


Ok. Let’s talk about Down Under. 
It seems like every time I hear a band from that area, be it Australia or New Zealand, I find myself talking about a cutting edge sound or an innovator of some kind. 
Who ever heard of The Scientists? Did you know there was a psychobilly band that kicked The Fuzztones’ ass? Like with heft? Taking up the space that The Cramps were unable to maintain. This is music for your horror show. Or the soundtrack to your beat up Kawasaki 🖖 trek across the desert. 
My 8 year old walked in during “Go baby Go”, one of the weaker tracks and said, “I LIKE this music!”.
So, that’s worth half a point right there.
Loses steam toward the end but until then it’s a sweet ride.


No comments: