Saturday, June 22, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Abattoir - Vicious Attack

Abattoir - Vicious Attack


#263/897
July 7 1985
Abattoir
Vicious Attack
Genre: Thrash Metal
4.5 out of 5 (sorrynotsorry)

Highlights:
Screams from the Grave
Vicious Attack (Maniac)
Ace of Spades


This album is short. I don’t know if it qualifies but, you know what? I’m really digging the alacrity and the shred metal attack. It’s like a freight train. 
Their cover of “Ace of Spades” is such a welcome punk-speed metal entry that I’m surprised I’ve never heard it. It’s almost carbon but it is done so lovingly that I love it. 
This album is relentless and doesn’t waste any time. There’s no filler. I don’t know why it doesn’t get higher marks out there. It is precisely what it portends to be. And these guys do it very well. IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z_vri-C_mE





No comments: