Friday, June 21, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Camper Van Beethoven - Telephone Free Landslide Victory

Camper Van Beethoven - Telephone Free Landslide Victory


#240/891
June 1985
Camper Van Beethoven 
Telephone Free Landslide Victory
Genre: Alternative
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:

Border Ska
Wasted
Where the Hell Is Bill
Take the Skinheads Bowling

I bet these guys were a hoot live. That’s what this record sounds like. People who like playing with each other, having a laugh and generally having a good time. 
I’d HEARD of CVB because some of the people we hung out with in college were from the Bay Area and they were hip to the scene. But my first experience with them was Cracker. 
And what’s with all the slavic instrumentals? I think I listened to the extended version. It’s all great and it’s fun nonsense. I’m not sure I would ever go back to this but, it was a good time while it was on. 



No comments: