Friday, June 21, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Uncanny X-Men - Cos Love Hurts

Uncanny X-Men - Cos Love Hurts


#229/880
June 1985
Uncanny X-Men
Cos Love Hurts
Genre: New Wave/Power Pop
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Still Waiting
Work
Party




Boy, if only the Interwebz existed back in 85. I’m sure, as a subscriber to Uncanny X-Men comics I would’ve gotten my hands on this, a band that sounds like everything I wanted Split Enz to sound like if they didn’t follow their MOR hearts and went full Romantics/Vapors.
Instead, this Aussie band was never heard of by me. Not even, as I recall, in the back pages of Trouser Press. It’s a little synthy but also a lot new wavy. Like we stepped into a time machine that brought us back to 1979 and here handed this record with a pair of those stupid venetian blind glasses that didn’t make sense back then and still don’t. Who fucking thought those ridiculous things up? Did you wear them? If there is a picture of you wearing them, post that shit here. 

Half of these are live tracks. Thanks to Sheffield for hunting them down. 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBJ7ztNazTVAfRt8ifIVpvKe9qVB9-g4n

No comments: