Saturday, June 22, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Dinosaur Jr. - Dinosaur

Dinosaur Jr. - Dinosaur


#267/901
July 16 1985
Dinosaur Jr. 
Dinosaur
Genre: Alternative
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Forget the Swan
The Leper
Repulsion


Was I asleep? Did I know that the 90s really started in 85? Camper Van I’d heard of. But…J Mascis was putting out albums at this time? I feel so ignorant. 
I listen to the first track and I hear J’s voice and it merges with the music and I can’t quite figure out what I’m hearing or why I like it so I start looking up reviews and Allmusic gets it right: Neil Young meets Sonic Youth. Yep. That’s what a lot of this sounds like. 
It’s weird to say the least but it shows oodles of promise. And I’d rather hear this than Pop-O-Pies any day. 
I don’t know if I like this in 1985. I love it today. 


No comments: