Monday, June 3, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Deep Freeze Mice - Hang on Constance, Let Me Hear the News

The Deep Freeze Mice - Hang on Constance, Let Me Hear the News


#192
1985 Housekeeping
The Deep Freeze Mice
Hang on Constance, Let Me Hear the News
Genre: Alternative
4.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Number 5
Is it Safe?
Neuron Music
What More Can I Do?



(This is based on the LP release as defined by Discogs)

This sounds very little like that lo-fi mess of a recording we heard last year.
The 60s tv theme super spy of “Number Five” was jarring. I wasn’t expecting it. It’s excellent and so much better produced. 
This is zany. Like the last one, I can’t liken it to anything. It’s its own thing. Psychedelic but with audio samples. Is that backward masking? 
This is the musical equivalent of dropping acid. 
If you recall a band from the early 00s called MGMT, they were very influenced by The Deep Freeze Mice, apparently (as well as Cleaners from Venus). I’ve included a link to an interview with them below. 
There are so many influences here that I can’t name them. I just love them. 






No comments: