Saturday, May 23, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Tonio K. - Amerika

Tonio K. - Amerika



#30
1980 Housekeeping
Tonio K
Amerika
Genre: If you like Graham Parker…or John Cougar…or Mojo…or….The Tubes
4.75 out of 5




Highlights:
One Big (Happy) Family
Sons of the Revolution
Go Away
Girl Crazy




Oh, Tonio, where have you been hiding my whole life?? Like a New Wave Springsteen or maybe he’s more Willy Nile or Graham Parker. Doesn’t matter. I wish I knew about him years ago and that I had the gumption to go see him in concert cuz I bet that was one rip roaring show. 
Those guys got the press but, dammit, Tonio K had the goods, man.
Sometimes I can’t bring myself to write because just when I think I’ve got the perfect thing to say another great track takes over and I just wanna let the album wash over me. No notes. Nothing. That’s this record. “Girl Crazy” is the Mellencamp song, John wasn’t able to write when he was a cougar.

No comments: