Saturday, May 23, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - 999- The Biggest Prize in Sport

999- The Biggest Prize in Sport


#7
January 18 1980
999
The Biggest Prize in Sport
Genre: Pop Punk
4.5 out of 5

Highlights:
Inside Out
The Biggest Prize in Sport
Boys in the Gang
Boiler



I sat behind a kid named Pete in Social Studies class. I don’t even recall the name of the teacher. The ONLY things I remember about this class was that we were shown a very boring documentary about Gold Meir and that Pete wore a 999 shirt. I didn’t really care for Pete so I assumed 999 was a trash band cuz, how could he possibly like anything…y’know…good?
Well, once again, I’m the dummy. 
This is a super delicious power rock offering with mugfulls of snot and just enough punk to not be too pop and enough pop to not be too punk. 

No comments: