Saturday, May 23, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Alan Vega - Alan Vega

Alan Vega - Alan Vega



#28
1980 Housekeeping
Alan Vega
Alan Vega
Genre: “I secretly wish I was Roy Orbison”
3.25 out of 5



I don’t know Suicide. 
I know. I’m supposed to. 
I just don’t. 
I know OF them. But I have never listened to them. Which seriously wrinkles my Rock Critic Cred. 
This is the first solo record by one half of Suicide. 
I always liked his name. It sounded futuristic. Like a character from a Gibson novel. 
This music is not that. 
It’s what you get if you buy a 4-track and mic from Sam Goody and set up in a basement in the Brittany Hall dormitory. It’s minimalist, sure, but is that necessity being the mother of invention or is this a ground breaking style? My money is on the former. 
This could all be one long track and I wouldn’t have noticed. 

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4El90XkrtY

No comments: