Saturday, May 23, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - The J. Geils Band - Love Stinks

The J. Geils Band - Love Stinks



#23
Reviewed by Mindy Kaszerman
The J. Geils Band
Love Stinks
Allen’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Mindy’s Rating: 4 out of 5
Genre: Frat Boy Rock



Allen’s Highlights:
Just Can’t Wait
Come Back
Night Time
No Anchovies, Please
Love Stinks

Mindy’s Highlights:
Love Stinks
Walls Come Tumbling Down

By Mindy Kaszerman

In 1980, I was a college DJ. I had a punk show. This album did not blip my radar. I will now listen with a more accepting mindset.
1- Just Can’t Wait- cool Keyboards(Seth Justman) Not bad. It kind of has a Southside Johnny feel.
2-Come Back- almost disco-ey. No!
3-Takin’You Down- Monotonous. I hate this song.Good Trumpet(Magic Dick,really?)
4-Night Time-What I expected Solid drums.J.Geils guitar.
5-No Anchovies please- some serious smoking went into the making of this song. Weird, I like weird.
6- Love Stinks- Huge Radio Hit. Everyone knows this. You gotta sing along, it just happens 
7-Tryin Not to think about it-J.Geils guitar stands out. Eh song
8-Desire(please don’t turn away..
9- Walls Come Tumbling Down-Rocker. Best song on album. Makes you want to dance

https://open.spotify.com/album/1hBb3CO8tJYgElXGvrA8Vj?si=bf7V-4KSRweAcJwvA2Snvw

No comments: