Monday, November 4, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Peter Hammill - Skin

Peter Hammill - Skin


#80/1247
March 1 1986
Peter Hammill
Skin
Genre: Art Rock
0.5 out of 5



So, one of the things about this project, and the primary driver of it, is the seeking out of material and artists that I may have missed out on during the years. It’s how it started out, at least. 
But, I am only human and, sometimes an artists completely skips my radar. Case in point: because I started the project in the year 1978 I completely missed Van Der Graff Generator. And, for some reason, I also never heard of Peter Hammier of said band. 
Now, because there is someone who is more skilled at compiling this list than I, I’ve now found Mr. Hammill and I really wish I hadn’t. 
This is the FOURTEENTH record by this guy. That means nothing to me having never heard any of them but, yuck. This is like someone listened to post-good Gary Numan and mixed that listening with the most unctuous David Bowie and went into the studio to see if he could out shine their horribleness. The single “Painting By Numbers” is ugly and it’s the best track here. 
This was terrible. 


No comments: