Monday, November 11, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - The Bible! - Walking the Ghost Back Home


The Bible! - Walking the Ghost Back Home


#108/1273
March 1986
The Bible!
Walking the Ghost Back Home
Genre: Alternative
3.25 out of 5



Highlights:
Graceland



The first song on this album is “Graceland”. It’s not the Paul Simon song. But that song and album will come out the same year. Something in the water, I guess…
This is gentle jangle pop ala Let’s Active or Everything But the Girl (I think I’m simile-ing correctly. Feel free to check me if I’m off base here, my mind gets muddy on stuff like this on occasion and this is one of those days)
The Bible! might have sounded more like Psychedelic Furs if they were 5 years older than this but, instead it’s just wistful busking. 
Lovely but not entirely memorable. Hence why nobody talks about The Bible!. 
Is it me or do “King Chicago” & “She’s My Bible” sound like everything I wanted The Smiths to sound like but they couldn’t? But also, with horns. 


No comments: