Monday, November 11, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - M.O.T.O. - Bolt

M.O.T.O. - Bolt



#102/1268                     LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
March 30 1986
Listening Post Discovery
M.O.T.O
Bolt
4.5 out of 5

Highlights:
Dick About It
Boredom in Action
Living in A Catholic World
Destroy the Earth
I Fell Ill
Sickle Cell Express
Dear Mr. Buckingham


This is exactly what my fake band in college, The Yeast Infection’s follow up band should have sounded like. 
It was a lark and I was barely involved. 
The drums could be the same ones I bashed in our dorm room, a metal trash can. 
The difference between MOTO and The Public Hares is they listened to a LOT more Rolling Stones records. 
And took a lot of acid and then decided they loved Blotto and The Beach Boys. 
This low fi sound will be part of one of my favorite records of the aughts by Crocodiles. But also by The Drums. 
The cover looks like the logo for Jolt cola and there’s a good reason. This is audible Jolt cola. 
Oh. And it’s all one guy. 
I think I love MOTO. 
How much did future punk rockers like Green Day owe Paul Caporino?
These were random, disconnected notes I jotted down as I listened to this over the past few days, so I apologize that it isn’t better worded. 




No comments: