Friday, November 8, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Obsession - Scarred for Life

Obsession - Scarred for Life



#92/1259
March 13 1986
Obsession
Scarred for Life
Genre: Screaming Metal
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Bang ‘em Till They Bleed (unfortunately titled track…I know)

There’s got to be a support group for high shrieking lead singers who were left with nothing to do and no place to go after the 80s were over. 
Where did these guys all come from? 
I blame Robert Plant. he’s the one they are all trying to emulate, no? First him then David Coverdale and then Bruce Dickinson and Die and then…poof. All gone. 
Sure, I bet there’s nostalgia concerts and “Monsters of Metal” and shit but, I don’t see these guys doing cruises or the like. 
Michael Vescera has the chops. A voice that is perfect for this.
Here’s a tidbit: These guys provided the songs for the Sleepaway Camp sequels. The first Sleepaway Camp has one of my favorite lines in the history of film: When Jonathan Tierstenresponds to “eat shit and die, Ricky!” with “Eat shit and live!”
I never forgot that line and was too star struck to ask him about it when it turned out he was in my dorm at NYU. I never saw him again after orientation at Brittany Hall. But, that moment of awe was struck in my brain forever. 
Eat shit and live, bro!


No comments: