Thursday, November 14, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Dayglo Abortions - Feed Us a Fetus

Dayglo Abortions - Feed Us a Fetus



#112/1277 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
March 1986
Dayglo Abortions
Feed Us a Fetus
Genre: Hardcore Punk
4.5 out of 5



Highlights:
Stupid Songs
Dogfarts
Proud to Be a Canadian
Stupid World
Religious Bumfucks


*Notice! Canadian Punk!*

Really good hardcore requires (for me) humor. At the very least, sarcasm. I mean, if you’re gonna play this kind of music at ridiculous speeds you should at least be able to laugh.
Right off the bat, with “Stupid Songs” I hear a bunch of lunkheads having a good time. Maintaining that punk aesthetic and, while hyper aggressive, also sardonic (For me, “Argh Fuck Kill - Die Sinner Die" is a great example of this).
Yes, they sound like Suicidal Tendencies, perhaps they realized that, welp, no one’s really doing that very well anymore, guess we should. And we are better for it. 
I love the name of the band, the name of the album, and a ton of these tracks. Wish I heard of them sooner. I work in Canada and I have never come across them once…and they still play. Gotta keep an eye out. 
I’ve never ever ever heard this band but I swear I ripped off the riff for “Rubberburner” from “Stupid World”.



No comments: