Sunday, December 17, 2023

The 1981 Listening Post - Marc Bolan - You Scare Me to Death (AKA Love and Death)

 Reviewed by Allen Lulu

Released: December 10 1981 Marc Bolan You Scare Me To Death (AKA Love And Death) Genre: Glam Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Highlights: You Scare Me To Death You've Got The Power I’m weird I recently got a copy of Electric Warrior on vinyl and it has sent me to a 1974 glam exploration of not just Bowie but Harlots of 42nd St and The Quick and even Kiss and Thin Lizzy, although the latter isn’t really glam. What it did have me doing is looking forward to more Bolan and wondering what he might have done had he lived. I don’t know that these demos are good examples but, boy does it start off with a bang. Often I feel like Marc is really more of a tin pan hippy than a glam rocker but, his influence can not be denied. This album is as though a bunch of producers who loved Marc got together and fleshed out demos. Some of it works, some of it sounds like leftover Doors.

No comments: