Sunday, December 17, 2023

The 1981 Listening Post - Deep River Band - Rocks

 Reviewed by Sheffield Chastain

Released: 1981 Deep River Band Rocks Genre: Tepid Southern AOR Rating: 1.75 out of 5 I laughed a couple of times, out loud. I know, I know, having never attempted making music myself, I don’t really know just how hard it is to create something from nothing, musically. But … sometimes you just gotta laugh. This is not good. I mean the keyboard solos …. oh boy. Go ahead and take a listen to the second track, Stormlord, and skip ahead to the midway point when the call and response between the two lead guitarists and the keyboard player takes center stage. The guitar runs are pretty simplistic and won’t really offend you, but, oh man, that keyboardist …. Or, if you’re still not a believer, head south to track #6 - Heartbreaker. Skip ahead to the 1:55 mark. I literally laughed out loud. As for the rest of it, there’s no boogie in this Boogie Rock, no tasty southern friend licks in this Southern Rock. These guys were one and done. No one has complained.

No comments: