Friday, April 10, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Zeno Roth - Zeno

Zeno Roth - Zeno

#593 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
1986 Housekeeping
Zeno Roth
Zeno
Genre: There’s a reason they opened for Queen
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Eastern Sun
Little Bit More Love
Emergency
Circles of Dawn




Michael Flexig sounds like he studied vocals at The Scorpions School of Rawk! That makes sense, because Zeno’s brother, Uli, played guitar for Scorpions and I didn’t know that until I researched them because I had written the previous sentence. 
This band has all the 80’s trappings, it’s dripping in MTV hair glory. I’m actually sort of surprised they didn’t score here. 
“Little Bit More Love” sounds so much like the 00s will bring with The Darkness and Foxy Shazam. 
This thing is all the anthemic bombast and fun of mid-00s Queen and I bet I’d have loved it back then. It’s missing a true hit song but, if this were available, I’d put songs on a playlist. 


No comments: