Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Teenage Head - Trouble in the Jungle

Teenage Head - Trouble in the Jungle



#580
1986 Housekeeping
Teenage Head
Trouble in the Jungle
Genre: Bubblegum Punks
2.75 out of 5




Highlights:
Frantic Romantic


I’ve only heard one Teenage Head album. It’s their 1981 album Frantic and I loved every second of it. 
Then they dropped off the list because I’m terrible at research. So, I have no idea what they put out up til Jungle. 
This is the sound of Bay City Rollers and fuzz. But it’s also the sound of 50s rock Post-Rocky Horror and Shock Treatment. Which makes it more than just nostalgic for me, it actually turns it into kitsch. 

There are no requisite 80s covers since the album’s got a bunch. Like “Weekend” by Eddie Cochran and others or “Little Sister”, which just sounds like guys who like a song and decided to record it. They all make Teenage Head sound like the opening act for a Ramones concert. 


No comments: