Friday, April 10, 2020

the 1986 Listening Post - I-Rails - Valentino Says

I-Rails - Valentino Says


#588                LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
1986 Housekeeping
I-Rails
Valentino Says
Genre: Power Pop
4.5 out of 5


Highlights:
There Goes Another
Oh God
Poets Wear Black
Waiting for the Sun



Does anyone know Primitive Radio Gods? I imagine some involved in the LA Power Pop scene might. They had a modest hit in the 90s. 
Before they were that band they were I-Rails from Oxnard, CA. They put out this super tight collection of Power Pop rockers that are all of the sort one might find on an International Pop Overthrow compilation record. 
In other words, they are sparkling little rock confections that make me super happy to know about it. 
“I Thought You Were My Friend” is obviously influenced by “Harborcoat” but I actually don’t mind that this time. 
This is an excellent piece of DIY power pop rock that sounds NOTHING like the 80s we all know. 


No comments: