Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Pam Windo & the Shades - It


Pam Windo & the Shades - It

 #1          LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
January 1 1980
Pam Windo & the Shades
It
Genre: New Wave (Classic style. You know, with Saxohones)
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Just to Stay Alive
Gimme Gimme
What Kind of Magic
Time You Changed Your Ways




Think Romeo Void and Plastic Bertrand, herky jerky angles and just the right amount of speed. 
Think the Waitresses but with a lead singer who studied with Fred Shneider
Look, I can’t even tell if this is a good record. It’s just right in my wheelhouse. I loved this sparse, simple New Wave sound and, dammit, I miss it. They could have toured with the Rezillos. Maybe the ARE the Rezillos. Sometimes Pam sounds like a German Thumbalina Guglielmo and I already love Thumbalina so this just more to love.
I sure missed this one. Would have pogo’d to it. Definitely. 

No comments: