Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Underachievers - Underfoot

Underachievers - Underfoot


#582 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY

1986 Housekeeping
Underachievers
Underfoot
Genre: College Rock from Boston
4.75 out of 5


Highlights
Underfoot
Short Wave
You’re Not For Me
Underground Again
Let’s Not Dance


What was going on in Boston, man? I almost wish I lived there to experience all these weirdo bands.
Take X and swirl it with some B-52s and then add a bunch of nerdy college rock and that’s this terrific record. In fact I would say that it’s better than as good as the output from both those bands at this time.
I really want some of the New Englanders to weigh on bands like this one. This is so out of time, it really should have come out 5 years earlier, but then they would all be teenagers not yet in bands, I suppose so they made a record that sounds like all their favorite stuff and no one would have cared much.
But, I do. I so so do. Would buy. 

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh3C0zMQOCU&list=PLlvn8uktX5Lujg2t5NA8P6h9baqsUjXV0  (Missing 2 tracks - I Don't Care and Dead Plants)

No comments: