Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Warlord - And the Cannons of Destruction Have Begun

Warlord - And the Cannons of Destruction Have Begun

#288
October 1984
Warlord
And the Cannons of Destruction Have Begun

Highlights:
Beginning (Lucifer's Hammer)
Lost and Lonely Days
Child of the Damned
3.75 out of 5

Yes, it's satan metal but it's not black metal or doom metal. It's closer to Manowar or Saxon than Mercyful Fate and I really dig these guitars. It teeters close to Spinal Tap but it never completely falls off the cliff as it is held up by it's more Dio-esque inclinations.
I had it blasting from every Sonos speaker in the house while everyone was out and I didn't want to leave to run errands. I wanted to see it through to see if I enjoyed it all the way.
I did.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-cannons-of-destruction-remastered/880110872

No comments: