Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Orange Juice - The Orange Juice

Orange Juice - The Orange Juice

#294
November 1 1984
Orange Juice
The Orange Juice
3.5 out of 5

I was not much of a fan of the last 2 Orange Juice albums so...gimme a minute.

I'm still not a fan of Edwyn Collins' goofball nasal voice so that hasn't changed.
Does this sound right? Is Orange Juice the truck stop on the way between Mod/The Jam and Blue Eyed Soul before you get off at the Smiths off-ramp?
Cuz that's the vibe I get, especially on "Burning Desire". This vibe, that would get it's full throated representation a couple years later in Absolute Beginners, is really wearing thin on me.

I will never come back to this. I have a sneaking suspicion the members of this band don't, either.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-orange-juice/1185497090

No comments: