Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Los Lobos - How Will the Wolf Survive?

Los Lobos - How Will the Wolf Survive?

#283
October 1984
Los Lobos
How Will the Wolf Survive?
3.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Don't Worry Baby
Will the Wolf Survive

Hey! It's aNOTHer record that is considered a classic from the era that I have never heard.
I know, I know. But that's what this is all about.
Is this The Blasters? It sounds like the Blasters.
It also sounds a LOT like the music we heard when we lived in Jefferson Park in East LA.
And, it sounds like the background music to a weekend carnival/festival. I guess that's good, but I don't need/want Turkey Leg music in my life.
I know this is heresy but this record sounds like a wedding band.
I really don't know why this is rated so highly. It's fine, but it's revelatory or anything. Is it just that people were missing the retro sound and happy to hear it done well?
Meh.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/how-will-the-wolf-survive/309581839

No comments: