Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Autograph - Sing in Please

Autograph - Sing in Please

#281
October 1984
Autograph
Sign in Please
4 out of 5

Highlights:
Send Her to Me
Turn Up the Radio
My Girlfriend's Boyfriend Isn't Me

Better than Jovi, hewing close to Leppard, echoing Van Halen, Autograph was, apparently, members of a bunch of other LA bands who came together.
Thing is...it's actually great for the genre. It's a big, stadium hair metal pleaser.
There's a band from Brooklyn that I really like (well, their first album, the follow up was weak). They're called "Station". They are all about reviving this genre. They sound a LOT like Autograph. (The lead singer is better, IMO, tho)
I like this kind of music and I will actually say that, as a whole piece, it's actually as satisfying as 1984. Am I going to give it a 5? No. But it's a solid entry into the genre and I won't be deleting it from my library.
This is top down, 70 degrees and sunny, fist in the air fun.
When I talk about how this project is for me (us) to see if we missed anything...this is what I'm talking about.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sign-in-please/284714024

No comments: