Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Alison Moyet - ALF

Alison Moyet - ALF

#296
November 5 1984
Alison Moyet
ALF
3.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Invisible

I had no idea Moyet did the soundtrack for the tv show about a cat eating space puppet.

Ok, that was too easy.

Snap judgment: It's Eurythmics lite. Or it's female led Blue Eyed Soul. Wait...that's what Eurythmics really were, weren't they? Female singer led Blue Eyed Soul masquerading as "New Wave", right?

I feel like every time I hear something from Moyet or Clarke I am going back to Upstairs at Eric's and I don't know if that's fair but it is what it is. That album was the standard by which much of this stuff should be measured.

This is no Upstairs at Eric's. It's a solid record of smooth rock sounds and I see no reason to revisit any of it. And I wonder if the 3+Million people who bought have ever listened to it again.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/alf/500308423

No comments: