Friday, March 1, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - KISS - Animalize

Kiss - Animalize


#239
September 12 1984
Kiss
Animalize
2.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Heaven's on Fire
I've had Enough (Into the Fire)

Let’s just say it. “Heavens on Fire” sounds like Spinal Tap’s “Hell Hole”.
There.
Kiss has been around for over a decade at this point and, as many of you know, I have heard EVERY DAMNED RECORD. This one is…well…it’s not their worst, it’s not their best. They wanna try to get in on that finger-tapping guitar sound. Mark St. John, the new guitarist, sure knows how to do it. And, hey, look, they moved another million copies. But, jeez, can we please be done with this sound?
For the record, I didn’t like this one much when I reviewed it the first time. It gets a 2.75 from me now. A C- back then. 


No comments: