Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - The Stranglers - Aural Sculpture

The Stranglers - Aural Sculpture

#307
November 19 1984
The Stranglers
Aural Sculpture
4.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Skin Deep
Let Me Down Easy
Uptown
Punch & Judy
Mad Hatter

I've never really cared for The Stranglers. I want them to live up to their punk name and they just don't so I'm Charlie Brown to their Lucy.
That said, um...what? This album is...great. It's the Lou Reed record Lou Reed wanted to do but couldn't because he's...you know...Lou Reed.
You could throw a brick at any song on this record and I would listen to it again.
It's just a good collection of material. I can't say enough about how much i enjoyed this. After years of slogging through their bullshit, they finally delivered.
This one stays in the library.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/aural-sculpture/259234936

No comments: