Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Cocteau Twins - Treasure

Cocteau Twins - Treasure

#291
November 1 1984
Cocteau Twins
Treasure
4.5 out of 5

Highlights:
Ivo
Lorelei
Pandora (For Cindy)
Donimo

So, this sort of picks up where we left off with these guys last time, yes? That Bauhaus meets Siouxie sound seems to predate the 90s in a great way. Were they ahead of their time or did a bunch of musicians follow their lead?
The band thought this was rushed and not up to par. No one else agrees with them. This is, perhaps, an example of artists not being able to overthink anything because this album filled me with emotions I had suppressed. It's a dream and catharsis, gorgeous and ugly.
I love this record.
On a sunny Saturday, like today.
Maybe if it was raining.
Or the world was burning.
Or the kids are grown and visiting.
I think this would work for all of that and more.
I'm glad I didn't give up on them after Garland. This is a treat.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/treasure/1027469081

No comments: