Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Toto - Isolation

Toto - Isolation

#273
October 18 1984
Toto
Isolation
3 out of 5


Has Toto ever put out a "good" album? One that was, top to bottom, excellent? It strikes me that the answer to that is, no.
Well performed? Yes.
Well produced? Absolutely.
"Good"? Not in the slightest.
They echo a ton of other bands but have no identity of their own. They could put out a record every year and call it "Generic Rock" and it would have the same impact. The radio hit would get it's requisite airplay and the guys would go back to their day jobs as top notch studio session men.
Hey! The lead singer on most of these tracks is the guy from Leroux! Is that right? That’s kind of interesting. I dunno. I’m just tryna get through it.
I would rate this lower because I can’t remember a single song after it’s been played but they are all perfectly fine for the genre, so...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/isolation/185815431

No comments: