Friday, March 8, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - The Fall - The Wonderful and Frightening World Of...

The Fall - The Wonderful and Frightening World Of...

#262
October 12 1984
The Fall
The Wonderful and Frightening World Of...
2.75 out of 5

I’m trying to listen to this as though I just bought it cuz I heard good things.
Not in the context of 1984 Allen.
Not in relation to other The Fall records. Would I like this?
No.
Let’s pick a rhythmic riff, play it over and over and put words on it.
Remove the music and you have pretentious burblings. Remove the words, you have ugly and uninviting sounds that could be any other song.
This is heroin punk. I prefer the cocaine fueled variety.
Let me put that Armoured Saint thing back on...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-wonderful-and-frightening-world-of/1028834137

No comments: