Friday, March 8, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Lloyd Cole & the Commotions - Rattlesnakes



#265
October 12 1984
Lloyd Cole & the Commotions
Rattlesnakes
3.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Rattlesnakes
Forest Fire


Ok. I like this better than, say, Aztec Camera (which I misspelled and want to always spell as AzteCamera), and, for jangle pop, it's fine but it's almost too twee for me. I'm reminded of Willie Nile, too, for some reason and, when I'm reminded of Willie Nile I go listen to some Willie Nile.
Speaking of Cameras, I've often wanted to go to this album because Camera Obscura's 2006 song, "Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken" was written in response to this song, 22 years later and is really one of my favorites of that era (God, I hope we get to 2006 because, shit that was a good year for music).
Lloyd's song is great. Obscura's response is better.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rattlesnakes-remastered/1206985656

No comments: